An angaging, accessible and assessment-focussed approach to the 2010 specification clearly presenting information to students on what they need to know and what they need to be able to do to achieve the qualification
The Collins Children and Young People’s Workforce Level 2 sets out the core units in clear, easily navigable spreads each of which focusses closely on what students need to know and do to pass the qualification.
Content is clearly delivered with step-by-step guidance for the student with ready-to-use assessment tasks for both knowledge and work-based evidence. These are broken down into what is required for students to pass: what they need to know (knowledge) and what they need to do (competence). These are be linked directly to getting students the number of credits they need.
There are also a number of engaging case studies to ensure that the books are rooted in real experiences of working in childcare, linking the theory to good practice.
1. Introduction to communication in health and social care or children’s and young people’s settings
2. Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
3. Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
4. Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
5. Child and young person development
6. Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
7. Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
8. Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
9. Contribute to the support of children and young person development
10. Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
11. Understanding partnership working in services for children and young people
12. Paediatric emergency first aid
13. Managing paediatric illness and injury
No current reviews
Free resources for this title: