Two spooky stories from double-Carnegie-winner, Berlie Doherty. Dark and atmospheric these two tales send a chill down the spine. A desolate winter moor is the backdrop to the first story of a haunting friendship, and, in the second, when the past comes back to haunt Charlie, it becomes impossible to tell what is real and what isn't.
• Diamond/Band 17 books offer more complex, underlying themes to give opportunities for children to understand causes and points of view.
• Text type: Two stories by a significant author.
• A feelings bar chart on pages 54-55 show the rise and fall in the narrators emotions during the first story, Nightmare.
• Curriculum links: Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
No current reviews
No free resources available.