Brother Aelred has remarkably smelly feet. To spare the other monks' noses, he is given the job of tending to the pigs. However, when Viking raiders arrive to attack, loot and pillage the Brothers' monastery, it is Brother Aelred, the humblest, gentlest monk, who saves the day.
• Emerald/Band 15 books provide a widening range of genres including science fiction and biography, prompting more ways to respond to texts.
• Text type - A humorous story.
• An illustrated character web on pages 38 and 39 helps readers to describe Aelred’s character.
• Curriculum links - History: Why have people invaded and settled in Britain in the past? A Viking case study; PE: Invasion games; RE: What do signs and symbols mean in religion?
• This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader
No current reviews
No free resources available.