At the dawn of time, the Maker is having problems with the animals he makes. His beaver and his ants are too big, his moose is the same size as a mouse and his elephant can hide behind a blade of grass! Maker is forced to think again about the original plans for the animals, adjusting their size to the way they are today.
• Lime/Band 11 books have longer sentence structures and a greater use of literary language.
• Text type - A story by a significant author.
• An illustrated diagram on pages 30 and 31 reminds the reader of how the animals looked before and after the maker finished creating them, an ideal cue for children to retell the story in their own words.
• Curriculum links - Citizenship: Choices; Science: Plants and animals in the local environment, variation.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
No current reviews
No free resources available.