Ros Asquith, cartoonist and author of many children books, gives a masterclass on writing and illustrating your own storybook . This is an instructional book with a difference, which takes young readers step by step through the writing process from first ideas to editing to illustrating and finally compiling their very own picture book.
• Turquoise/ Band 7 books offer literay language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
• Text type - An instruction text.
• A flow chart on pages 22 and 23 shows the eight stages described in the book, from ideas to enjoying your story with other readers.
• Curriculum links - DT: Making a storybook; ICT: Writing stories; communicating information using text.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
No current reviews
No free resources available.