A poor stone cutter who wished he was a rich man has his wish granted. He then keeps changing his wish, and each wish is granted. Finally he wishes himself back as he was at the start of the story.
• Turquoise/ Band 7 books offer literay language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
• Text type - A story from another culture (Japan).
• The flowcharts on pages 22 and 23 illustrate the story in sequence, providing opportunities for speaking and listening, and scaffolding writing.
• Curriculum links - Citizenship: Choices; Music: Exploring sounds.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
No current reviews
No free resources available.