What can the wind blow? A collection of colourful photographs show how the wind can blow a kite, boats, leaves, seeds, windmills,sand, snow and sea. The report also shows how strong wind can be destructive blowing trees and even houses down.
• Yellow/Band 3 books offer varied sentence structure and natural language.
• Text types - A non-chronological report.
• A chart on pages 14 and 15 draw a comparison between light and strong winds giving children the opportunity to discuss wind and its effects.
• Curriculum links - Science: pushes and pulls; Geography: our local area.
• This book is paired with a story on the same theme: The New Kite by Julie Sykes.
• This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery
No current reviews
No free resources available.